- More than 40,00,000 people are involved in the weaving industry.
- India is home to more than 120 weaves and it involves a lot of science and mathematics to get the colour and pattern right.
- 80% of the weaving industry comprises of women.
- Handlooms are eco-friendly and leaves no carbon footprint.
- 200 years on from the industrial revolution, we still weave handlooms.
- Handlooms are unique, even when they are similar….
Meet Our Founder
I am Devika Ramarathnam and out of my combined love for textiles, travel and photography was born Ithy-ADee – which truly reflects a passion. All sarees, yardages and accessories are curated, handpicked by me – to reflect a personalised style that is timeless.
We source directly from weavers, handloom clusters and co-operative societies. We firmly avoid middlemen and wholesalers to ensure that the proceeds reach the weaver directly!
Ethically sourced, we never ever bargain and pay upfront for the goods before they are shipped to us.
Another USP of ours is that we source handlooms only from clusters that we have visited and authenticated!
An engineer with an MBA and a world view experience of close to 30 years across blue-chip IT companies, my ability to work with people, processes and policies, deal with crises, customers and clients, helps me with the running of Ithy-ADee.
We look forward to your continued shopping with us and the profits from your patronage will help us fund looms, bring in innovators, revivalists, create handloom awareness, provide technology training and empower the weaving communities among others!
Do take a minute to know about our mission and vision.